Hang 3 (Intermediate Rating)
To gain a
"Hang 3" rating you will be required to have met the
- Hold a novice (Hang 2) rating for at
least four months with 30 flying days and at least 90
- Demonstrate steep and gentle 180º
linked turns along a predetermined track
- Land three times in a row within 50
ft. of a target
- Complete at least 10 flights with 75
ft. (or greater) ground clearance
- Demonstrate speed control in turns
and various wind conditions
- Pass a written exam
3 information can be found at the USHGA
out the other rating that are available through FFP and the
You can search the web, check local
weather and more from our main page!
Check out our prices and see how we
compare to other flight parks.
3 is the Intermediate level
is where you will get to develop your soaring skills and
fly for hours!